Skip to main content

Justice for Geo

"...what I wrote on Facebook today is written below. 
With a message that should be shared anyway possible, 
even smoke signals if required, 
to get to the furthest reaches of Canada. "

Seeing the flowers & the red stained stones, is enough to make anyone cry. Finding out that is was a 2 year old boy who senselessly had his light snuffed out, this past Sunday, has me bawling. As a mother of 2 young kids & living 5 minutes away from this tragedy - it has hit me close to home on several fronts. This little boy, with so much unseen potential, is gone. My heart breaks for the entire family & I offer my heart felt condolences. 

Drinking & Driving is NOT ok, & what our Justice System has to realize; is a vehicle is a fast moving, heavy duty weapon, of approximately 4259+ pounds & should be treated as such! Driving a vehicle is not a right, it is a privilege. Zero tolerance should be given when someone is drinking & getting behind the wheel; especially upon causing a loss of life. I too will write a letter to the MLA & share your story & demands for change. Harsher punishments need to be handed out to people who take someone else's life, especially in regards to vehicles & impaired driving. Bail should not be granted in my opinion at all, as time needs to be spent behind bars to have the murder think about his selfish actions & the consequences to those actions. This is not an accident, it could have been prevented, a little boy lost his life, the driver should lose his freedom.

Like most people I believe this is a worthy cause, and Geo should not be forgotten, or become another stat. I know that my family, the community & Edmonton will rally around the grieving family - hopefully giving them some strength in this dark time. "Geo's Law" as called by Didi Rasmussen - is something more than worthy for us as parents, a community, a City, a Province, to demand from our Justice System. 

Our prayers are with your family. 

Please go to the Facebook page that is set up for this and read the comments & offer your support. This type of senseless loss is preventable & it is time we all stood up and fight for what is right. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Justice4Geo/

Popular posts from this blog

Divorce, Separation & Mortgages in Canada: What Happens to the House?

Separation and divorce can feel overwhelming. Questions start piling up fast: Who keeps the house? Can I qualify for the mortgage on my own? How does a spousal buyout work? What happens to our joint debt? Can child support or spousal support count as income? What if I’m the one paying support? What if I don’t currently have a job? What if we don’t have 20% equity in the home?  When emotions are high, housing uncertainty can become one of the most stressful parts of the process. The good news? There are mortgage solutions available in Canada specifically designed for separation and divorce situations — and most people do not even know they exist. As a licensed mortgage broker, this is something I help clients through every single week. The mortgage side of separation does not have to be the hardest part. The Biggest Question: “Can I Keep the House?” In many cases, yes — it may be possible. Canada’s mortgage insurers, including Canada Guaranty , CMHC , and Sagen , offe...

Are You Paired With the RIGHT Mortgage Product & Rate? Did you even think to ask?

That seems to be a question that not a lot of people ask. "Am I in the right mortgage product & rate?" Everyone is so caught up in getting the lowest rate possible, that it is a race to the bottom instead of stopping and looking at the full picture. According to a survey done by CIBC and posted with The Toronto Star , Canadians do not think they will mortgage free till 57! Now is this due to people getting mortgages later in life; due to purchase price and down payments?? ... yes I believe partially this is the case. However I think the bigger problem is no long term thinking is being done. With the boom in 2007, it was the big push to "refinance your life" into your mortgage; so cars, boats, quads, credit cards, etc all build into your mortgage to give you a lower over all payment.... but does this help reduce mortgage debt? There were also those 40 year amortizations and mortgaging over 100% of your homes value. None of these things help anyone to pay o...

New and Improved Website Coming Soon... and some updates! :)

I am so happy to announce that I will be having a new website I am designing! What a learning curve I can tell you - I had someone plug in the theme to use and help with some charts and pictures but I am happy to say I have been the one to put it mostly together! I think however I will stick to Mortgage Building vs Web Building! lol, I am way better at the former than the latter that is true. Speaking of mortgages, as you already know the Bank of Canada has already left the overnight rate as is... so what does that mean for you? The lenders are still offering stable rates with nothing really going up to high or down to low... rates have been pretty consistant. The thing that has not remained steady are mortgage products. Most lenders have now all followed suit in regards to using a 3% payment caculation on all unsecured lines of credit and credit cards vs using the provable payment. This makes things I find tight for First Time Buyers when looking at what they qualify for. For exampl...