Skip to main content

Mothers Day Weekend!




So Mother's Day is this weekend and what do you have on the To-Do List? If you are like me, we have a large Mother's Day Dinner Planned with the whole of one side of the Family. :) However this year we are doing something different, and I like the idea, so I figured I would share. Usually for Family Dinners it is done at either my house or my Mother in Laws house. Either way, one of us is doing the bulk of the work with not a lot of intervention or help. It can get to be a lot of work & money, when you are thinking about arranging and cooking for 16 people on average, and if we add some of my family to the mix that number jumps up. Plus for myself, I tend to like to set a Martha Stewart Type table... everything looks "just-so"... ha ha ha ha; have a good laugh. My husband usually does when he sees me setting the table.... however my point is it gets to be a lot of work. Being that I am a full time Mortgage Agent, and full time mom and wife... adding more to an already busy plate gets to be.... well exhausting.

This year we have a different plan: dinner will be at the Mother in Laws place (which is super great), but we are doing it as more of a Pot Luck! So every couple has to bring something to the meal. All together we have gotten it so we have a super full dinner with everyone bringing something. This will take the stress off the "Chef" and the time spent in a hot kitchen. Cause lets face it, when family is around we are supposed to be spending time with everyone... and that means the Chef too (instead of spending all the time in the Kitchen). It will also cut down on clean up time, as everyone is responsible to take their own container home for washing! :) Besides all that, it is usually (and this is not to say there are not some fabulous men out there that cook) the "Mom" that is doing the cooking... and a day that is supposed to be for her, she should not spend all her time in kitchen preparing the meal for everyone else. 


Another thing is what to get mom for Mothers Day? There is the tried and true, flowers... those always work some magic especially if you have payed attention and know what kind of flowers are her favorite. However is money is tight there are some great home made projects you can do with the kids or on your own to give to your Special Mom! This link is awesome for some ideas! Homes and Garden Website to see some really neat ideas that are sure to make your Mom smile! Me I will be sticking to the tried and true, FLOWERS. I am going with Swish Flowers  they can make your flower choice unique, and being such, they are my go to place, plus in my busy schedule all it takes is a phone call... the ladies are helpful and awesome. 
          All in all it equals = Awesome and Stress Free for me!



Have a wonderful Mothers Day Weekend!!! And if you are one of the moms out house hunting this weekend, give me a call 1st, we will set up your pre approval in record time! And you can have a stress free House Shop!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Divorce, Separation & Mortgages in Canada: What Happens to the House?

Separation and divorce can feel overwhelming. Questions start piling up fast: Who keeps the house? Can I qualify for the mortgage on my own? How does a spousal buyout work? What happens to our joint debt? Can child support or spousal support count as income? What if I’m the one paying support? What if I don’t currently have a job? What if we don’t have 20% equity in the home?  When emotions are high, housing uncertainty can become one of the most stressful parts of the process. The good news? There are mortgage solutions available in Canada specifically designed for separation and divorce situations — and most people do not even know they exist. As a licensed mortgage broker, this is something I help clients through every single week. The mortgage side of separation does not have to be the hardest part. The Biggest Question: “Can I Keep the House?” In many cases, yes — it may be possible. Canada’s mortgage insurers, including Canada Guaranty , CMHC , and Sagen , offe...

Are You Paired With the RIGHT Mortgage Product & Rate? Did you even think to ask?

That seems to be a question that not a lot of people ask. "Am I in the right mortgage product & rate?" Everyone is so caught up in getting the lowest rate possible, that it is a race to the bottom instead of stopping and looking at the full picture. According to a survey done by CIBC and posted with The Toronto Star , Canadians do not think they will mortgage free till 57! Now is this due to people getting mortgages later in life; due to purchase price and down payments?? ... yes I believe partially this is the case. However I think the bigger problem is no long term thinking is being done. With the boom in 2007, it was the big push to "refinance your life" into your mortgage; so cars, boats, quads, credit cards, etc all build into your mortgage to give you a lower over all payment.... but does this help reduce mortgage debt? There were also those 40 year amortizations and mortgaging over 100% of your homes value. None of these things help anyone to pay o...

New and Improved Website Coming Soon... and some updates! :)

I am so happy to announce that I will be having a new website I am designing! What a learning curve I can tell you - I had someone plug in the theme to use and help with some charts and pictures but I am happy to say I have been the one to put it mostly together! I think however I will stick to Mortgage Building vs Web Building! lol, I am way better at the former than the latter that is true. Speaking of mortgages, as you already know the Bank of Canada has already left the overnight rate as is... so what does that mean for you? The lenders are still offering stable rates with nothing really going up to high or down to low... rates have been pretty consistant. The thing that has not remained steady are mortgage products. Most lenders have now all followed suit in regards to using a 3% payment caculation on all unsecured lines of credit and credit cards vs using the provable payment. This makes things I find tight for First Time Buyers when looking at what they qualify for. For exampl...